The smart home market is growing in a big way, and manufacturers are designing new products that blend seamlessly into the design of your home. Make no mistake, the smart home revolution is here, and this one is going to be televised.
For homeowners who are considering a remodel, the benefits of a smart-home automation system are nearly limitless. More substantial remodels often involve knocking down walls, removing drywall, and more. This is a perfect time to add the latest in home technology.
According to a survey conducted by Houzz, 28% of renovating homeowners say that smart home technology is at the top of their lists. In the luxury home market, smart home features are expected. If you’re thinking about selling, smart home technology can set your home apart from other houses, especially crucial in a buyers market.
What’s even better is you can start small and grow your smart home system over time. Here are five things you should consider adding to your home remodel project.
1. Video Doorbell- The ability to see who’s at the front door from anywhere in the world is fast becoming a necessity for every homeowner. In the world of online shopping, video doorbells are a great way to see, communicate, and manage who is at your front door from down the hall or anywhere in the world.
2. In-Ceiling Speakers- Everybody loves music. Unfortunately, for most of us, we listen to less music in our homes than we do during our drive back and forth from work. Why is that? Because traditional speakers took up a lot of space, and the system wasn’t easy to use, especially from a distance. Luckily, there are several companies like SONOS, DENON, and CONTROL4 that have designed easy to use streaming systems that can be controlled directly from the mobile device you have in your hand. Add the speakers that fit your budget and get the party started.
3. Home Security Cameras- With the help of professionals like the designers and technicians at CSS, you can discreetly place HD security cameras at your home’s entryways and high traffic areas to protect your home and family. You can even get alerts sent directly to your smartphone when motion is detected, or when the kids get home from school.
4. Home Automation- If you’re planning on installing many smart products, a home automation system like Control4 can help you customize and automate the functionality of each device. When you do this, all of your separate devices can work independently or as a system to really bring the best out of your smart home system.
5. Smart Lighting- Wireless lighting is a great way to add beauty and energy efficiency to your home. Customizable buttons allow you to control more than just the lighting—including music, movies and more—with a simple press. Turn on or off multiple rooms, or the entire house, with one tap. Your home can even alternate lights to appear occupied while you’re on vacation.
Whether you’re remodeling one room or the entire house, don’t miss the opportunity to update your home’s technology. You’ll save money on the installation, and the potential increase in value may offset many of the other costs. Your new smart home will make everyday activities easier, keep your family safer, and may increase your home’s value. It’s a win-win for the savvy homeowner.
At CSS, we offer top-notch home theater, and home automation systems that will make your life safer, more functional, and more enjoyable. You will be resting easy when you work with CSS. Our professional team and fast installations are enough to keep customers coming back, again and again.
Please contact Chesapeake Systems Service, Inc. by calling 800-205-4909 or click here today for a free estimate! Put our experience and incredible quality products to work for your business today! You can follow CSS Inc. on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter as well.