According to an infographic in Iowa State University’s Journal of Forensic Science most burglars share common characteristics, including:
1. Most burglars live within two miles of the homes they break into.
2. Most burglars have a criminal record, with offenses ranging from drug sales and robbery to assault.
3. Most burglars strike during the day.
4. Most burglars target single-family homes over businesses.
5. Most burglars avoid violence and most burglaries do not involve a weapon.
6. Most burglars strike when the weather is warm. July and August are the highest months in which burglaries occur.
7. Most burglars know their victims.
8. The average burglary takes less than 12 minutes to complete.
9. Most importantly, most burglars avoid homes with alarm systems.
In fact, if you do not have a security system, your home is three times more likely to be broken into than a home with an alarm.
Interested in purchasing a Security System? Then call Chesapeake Systems Services (CSS)!
Security is vital to any homeowner and business today. And with CSS, it has never been easier to protect what you value most.
CSS offers an alarm monitoring service with a year to year service contract. Our monitoring representatives are trained, friendly and helpful dispatchers watching over your home and business 24 hours-a-day, 365 days-a-year. The monitoring service will follow through on any alarm that your security control panel detects.
If you have any questions about Security Systems or wish to set up a consultation with one of our security experts, please contact Chesapeake Systems Services, Inc. – an Alarm.com authorized dealer – by calling 800-205-4909 or click here today!
Source: Characteristics of a Burglar