Amazingly, 3,500 Americans die, while another 18,300 are injured in fires each and every year. Fortunately, there are several proven ways to both prevent and survive house fires. So don’t become another statistic. Plan ahead and keep your family safe.
Home Fire Protection Tips from CSS
- Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors: Every home should have at least one standard smoke detector on every level of the home to notify you of impending danger. But is that enough? Chesapeake Systems Services, Inc. (CSS) doesn’t think so. That is why we offer what we monitored smoke and carbon monoxide detectors that not only alert you of dangerous situations, but also alert and dispatch police & fire departments. This is extremely beneficial if a fire happens when you are not home.
- Preventing Electrical Fires: Electrical fires often easily preventable. For starters, never overload circuits or extension cords.
- Dryer Fires: Dryer fires remain a very real threat to homes in the United States. So be sure to take the time to occasionally clean your lint traps and dryer vents.
- Home Fire Sprinklers: Installing home fire sprinklers can greatly increase your chances of survival in the event of a home fire. They can also increase your property value and lower your home insurance rates.
- Space Heaters & Fireplaces: Space heaters and fireplaces can be great ways to supplement your home’s heating system, but only if they are used wisely. When using a space heater, make sure it is far enough away from any combustible materials. And when operating your fireplace, be sure to use a fire screen. It only takes one spark to start a home fire. It is also important to have your fireplace cleaned annually.
- Plan, Plan, And Plan Some More: The most important aspect of fire safety is education. Make sure you have an emergency evacuation plan in place and ensure that each member of your family knows what to do in the event of a home fire. It is also important to have specific plans in place to care for both children and elderly family members.
Remember, your home is only as safe as you make it! If you already have your fire safety devices installed, have you considered when you are not home? Our devices (smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, water bugs, etc) would alert you and the authorities without you being there. You do not have to rely on a neighbor or family member when you are out of town, the system would take care of the notifications for you and a quick response from the authorities. Contact us today if you are interested in adding a monitoring system to your house or adding additional devices to your current system.
If you have any questions about Home Fire Protection, or wish to set up a consultation with one of our security experts, please contact Chesapeake Systems Services, Inc. – an Alarm.com authorized dealer – by calling 800-205-4909 or click here today!
Chesapeake Systems Services, Inc. is conveniently located in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. We proudly serve, but are not limited to, the following counties throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Calvert County, Charles County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Fairfax County, Loudon County, Harford County, Prince George’s County, and Queen Anne County.