What happens if your business is left without power after a storm, flood, or hurricane? Companies without emergency management plans are often left in the dark in these situations.
As with any major weather situation, the biggest challenge is uncertainty. So how can you plan for uncertainty? By covering all your bases, that’s how.
The best way to be prepared is to assume that if something can go wrong, it will. And then plan accordingly.
- Ensure your vital systems stay operational with power backups and generators.
- Handle the increased call volume and customer demand with extra staff and increased shifts.
- Have an emergency management plan in place.
- Have a hard copy of your plan in case your systems crash.
- Inform your customers of what to do. Email them before (if you have any warning) and after any major incident.
- Train your employees for emergency situations. Having a management plan is no help if your employees don’t know what they are doing.
- Be sure to brief and debrief your team before and after any major incident so they can learn from them and be better prepared for the next one.
- Don’t panic.
For any company to operate successfully during a natural disaster or power outage, a strong plan needs to be in place. So make sure you are prepared.
One way to make this process easier is to let Chesapeake Systems Service, Inc. handle all of your security needs. It’s never been easier to protect what you value most. Trust Chesapeake Systems Service, Inc. to give you piece of mind with a security solution that fits your residential or commercial needs.
We can provide you with constant contact to your home through our interactive solutions. Our Alarm.com service gives you the ability to see the status of your home, activity of the alarm, temperature settings or alerts, water bug alerts, and even cameras. You can have more control than ever right through your smart phone or a web browser! Perfect for the frequent traveler, second homes, or just desiring to be more in touch with your home.
Our central station handled about 100,000 alarms in the 3 days effected by Hurricane Irene. Typically they handle about 130,000 in a month but our customers were kept safe from harm. Our goal at Chesapeake Systems Service, Inc. is 100% customer satisfaction. We attain this goal by providing the highest quality products and services at an affordable price backed by excellent monitoring service. Let our professionally trained security analysts help you determine which system is best for you!
If you have any questions, please contact Chesapeake Systems Services, Inc. by calling 800-205-4909 or click here today!
How Central Stations Prepared for Hurricane Irene SecuritySales.com